The Same In Any Language



"Laughter is the same in any language." Our dear friend Mr. Molbert shared these words recently on an international flight on which several languages were being spoken. Shortly after the laughter observation, he was able to add that "Screaming children are just as annoying no matter the language or culture." But none of us were complaining. Our foursome of happy wanderers have no misconceptions - we know how fortunate we all are.

Lately I've thought a lot about what a charmed life I seem to have. Love my job. Love the friends and family that I have so graciously been given. Sometimes right before I go to sleep or when I first wake up in the morning I am amazed by just how good life is. The alarm clock rings and our dog Mookie comes over to the side of the bed, tail a-wagging, to let me know that she feels the same way.

I was talking this over with Mr. Molbert when he said, "It's all about your mindset. You know people that are experiencing the same things that you are, or people who are in similar circumstances, and those people may be miserable whereas I find myself content."

I've had people say to me that I only share the good stuff online. There's a good amount of truth in that. I think about it and then ask myself why would I share the Debbie Downer stuff? Why would anybody want to put any more negative energy out into the universe? That's no fun. Everybody has unexpected turns and bumps in his/her road, but that's part of the trip, dear friends. We are given very few perfect days, but we ARE given opportunities EVERY day to be grateful.

Laughter really is the same in any language. So is kindness. So is love. And I guess things like hate and negativity are, too. But why dwell on those things? I'm sitting down to some great wine and cheese and bread with some wonderful people and we're going to laugh.


Comments

  1. Well said Mr. Bobo! We can't wait to see you and Mr. Beers in October!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment